- Invitation Types
- Things to Know & Best Practices
- How to Send Invitations
In order to maintain a secure and trusted online environment for your community, Communitrak is invite-only. For a resident to sign up, they must be invited by a Community Leader. Invitations can be sent several ways, but they all contain a unique access code which is required during the resident sign up workflow.
There are three ways to invite a resident: email, text message, and Access Pass.
- Email: This method is super easy. Simply provide the resident's email address to send a Communitrak-branded email containing a short welcome message and rundown of Communitrak's features. The email will include a link that will direct the user to their unique sign up page. Here's a screenshot:
- Text Message: This method is also super easy. Provide the resident's cell phone number to send a short invitation text message. The text will include a link that will direct the user to their unique sign up page. They can then complete the whole process on their phone if they choose to do so. Here's a screenshot of the text message residents will receive:
- Access Pass: Access Passes can be printed and physically distributed, whether that's in person or by mail. Here's a screenshot of an Access Pass:
Things to Know & Best Practices
- We recommend inviting only one member from each household in your community. This member can join and then add the remaining members of their household without needing additional access codes. You can send an invite to literally every person in the community if you'd like, but it's not necessary and takes a lot of time.
- You can send an unlimited number of access codes. Your monthly billing will only reflect the current number of households registered in your community.
Sending an Invitation
- Once signed in to Communitrak, select Members and Groups from the navigation menu.
- Click the button in the top right of the page labeled Invite Members. This button is only visible to Community Leaders.
- This page will allow you to invite a member using any of the three methods discussed previously.
- To send an email invitation, provide the resident's email address in the text box and either press the return/enter key or click "Send."
- To send a text message invitation, provide the resident's cell phone number in the text box and either press the return/enter key or click "Send."
- To generate Access Passes, provide the number of passes you would like to generate and click "Generate." Please note that only 100 passes can be generated at a time.
You have successfully invited a resident to Communitrak! Now it's on them to act on the invitation and join using their unique access code. You'll know when residents join as they'll begin to show up on the Members and Groups page.